Our Recent News
LATEST UPDATES ON SUSAN SLADE, SUSIE HALE, AND PRECIOUS JEWELS MINISTRIES
|Posted on September 20, 2017 at 11:15 AM||comments (0)|
In case you do not follow us on Twitter or FB, we would like you to know that we are beginning a special study on the book of Jonah along with the ladies of our home church. We will be using the Priscilla Shirer study, Jonah: Navigating a Life Interrupted which can be purchased through Lifeway Christian Stores or Christianbook.com. Here is a link:
We have already started a blog for the study of Jonah at https://bible-discussion-with-susie-and-susan.blogspot.com/" target="_blank">http://https://bible-discussion-with-susie-and-susan.blogspot.com/ and have been posting background information. The blog will be our own notes on Jonah and not necessarily related to the questions in the study guide. We would love for you to engage in discussion with us through comments on the blog!
- We are still in need of our own power chair accessible van
- Pray for all the people affected by this season's hurricanes: South Texas, Florida, the Caribbean Islands, Puerto Rico
- Pray for the NW United States where there are numerous wildfires due to drought conditions
- We are praying for more monthly supporters of $10 or more to support this ministry
- Pray for us as we do the final steps toward getting more books published in order to get the word of God in more hands and hearts
|Posted on August 26, 2017 at 8:00 PM||comments (0)|
Click on the Web Store tab! We have marked down several items, some as low as half price!
COMING SOON: Customized poems for:
- children (Champion Blessings)
- adults (Exhortation Celebrations)
- couples (Covenant Blessings)
- remembrance of loved one (Memorial Tributes)
|Posted on July 18, 2017 at 5:40 PM||comments (0)|
We will be mailing out our summer newsletter in the next few days but wanted to post it here because we do not have mailing addresses for all of you! Remember: Prayer requests and/or donations can be made by clicking on the Contact/Prayer/Donate tab on this website. You may donate via PayPal/Credit Card/Debit Card or by sending a check to the P.O. Box listed on that tab.
Dear Prayer Warriors and Supporters:
A pastor friend advised us that we needed to link our support needs with our goals for Precious Jewels Ministries, and the direction we believe the Lord is leading.
First and foremost, we need your prayer support! Secondly, for Precious Jewels Ministries to thrive and move forward with the vision we are confident God has given us, it is necessary that we devote our lives full-time to this ministry. As a result of this commitment, our livelihood will need to be included in the financial requirements of Precious Jewels Ministries. Those of you who know us well know that we live an extremely humble life. We are completely relying on God, disability income, and a small trust that will soon be depleted to meet basic needs. Now, like other full-time ministers, we sense God’s provision through His people. As you pray for the success and welfare of Precious Jewels Ministries we humbly request that you ask God to reveal to you an amount, perhaps $10.00 or more per month, that you would commit to give regularly to support Precious Jewels Ministries. Rest assured that Precious Jewels Ministries will be exceptional stewards of God’s money. Additionally, as a 501(c)3 non-profit corporation, you will be provided with an annual statement of your donations each January for income tax purposes. Additionally, you will be kept informed of the ministries efforts through our newsletter.
To achieve the short and long-term goals reflected at the bottom of this page and grow the ministry, it is essential that we acquire a power chair accessible Van as soon as possible. Our thoughts on making such a significant purchase is to have fundraising events as well as a request for donations specifically designated for this need. Obviously, these funds would be greatly appreciated and kept separate from the operating funds and used only for the purchase of the van. Once we have a van, the fuel and maintenance will be included in the Precious Jewels Ministries budget.
We deeply covet and appreciate your prayers and support. We would love to hear from you and are eager to minister to your needs through pray and encouragement through our testimony, services, and inspirational items we have available to share.
In His love and care,
Susan Slade, President
Susie Hale, Vice President/Secretary
Precious Jewels Ministries
Goals and Needs
Short Term Goals and Needs:
• Publication of "Ten Women of Christmas" by the end of August 2017
- Find publisher – possibly Liberate Publishing
- Publishing costs
• Blog Bible Study and Devotional posts on selected Psalms in summer 2017, the Gospel of Luke in summer/fall 2017, and the Men of Christmas in November/December 2017.
- Pray for our energy level!
- Time to devote to study for these goals and speaking engagements
• Begin speaking engagements for Susan and/or Susie on June 7, 2017
- Transportation – Ivan Staats when possible until we get a van (services are expensive)
- Volunteers to help Susie transfer Susan into and out of chair
• Began marketing frameable poetry, blessings, and scripture online May 2017
• Offer A Life’s Symphony of Joy book online by the middle of July 2017
- Publisher who can offer them directly online so we do not have to store them
- Funds for “on-hand” – first 100 donated
• Schedule more local speaking engagements for Summer 2017
- Van, van, van
Long Term Goals and Needs:
• Have a vendor table at the Bootin' Out Cerebral Palsy 5K in Spring 2018.
- Transportation (Van)
- Banner, Table, and products to offer (Poems, Scripture Pictures, Books, etc)
• Host a networking breakfast for local pastors in the Mid-Cities area by the end of 2018.
- Possible joint effort with Freedom Church
- Elder Pastor to speak and encourage younger ministers & Worship team
• Write and publish a book titled "Literally Pruned" about Susan's amputation adventure by the end of 2018.
- Time to work
- Publishing and advertising expenses
• Be prepared to travel outside the Hurst-Euless-Bedford area by the end of 2018
- Van & travel expenses for driver, travel companion, and us
- Items for Susan’s comfort in a hotel
- Travel companion(s) for Susie and Susan to help with transfers
|Posted on July 4, 2017 at 3:10 PM||comments (0)|
GREAT NEWS - Susan Slade's first book, A Life's Symphony of Joy, is now available through our Web Store. Susan wrote these 53 devotional pages based on scripture verses about joy just before, during, and after having to have both legs amputated above the knee. Despite her personal trials, Susan finds Joy in her Savior, Jesus Christ. We pray as you read this book, you will discover true joy as well!
|Posted on June 3, 2017 at 6:00 PM||comments (0)|
OPPORTUNITY: Susan and Susie will be speaking at Freedom Church, Bedford, this Wednesday Night at 7:00 p.m. on the topic:
LIBERATED FROM LIMITATIONS (Soaring Toward Freedom)
Please pray for clarity of voice and mind. Pray for the moving of the Holy Spirit among God’s people at Freedom Church!
NEEDS TO PRAY ABOUT:
• Volunteers to assist Susie with transferring Susan safely from bed to chair and back again
• Van equipped to transport Susan to church and events in her power chair
• On Demand Publisher (pray for Liberate Press, a local friend’s vision, to get up and running quickly)
• Monthly donations to get to point that ministry is fully supported
THANK YOU TO THOSE OF YOU WHO ARE FAITHFULLY SUPPORTING US IN PRAYER AND/OR DONATIONS!!!
While you are here, check out our webstore. Father’s Day is just around the corner, and we will rush orders for FATHER poems to arrive in time.
|Posted on May 22, 2017 at 9:35 PM||comments (0)|
We have posted a short slide show of pictures from our table at the Women's Encounter at Freedom Church, Bedford last Saturday. See them on our Home page!
|Posted on May 14, 2017 at 12:35 AM||comments (0)|
Precious Jewels Ministries will have a vendor table at a Women’s Encounter on May 20th. Susan Slade’s first book, A Life’s Symphony of Joy, will be available along with frameable:
• Scripture Pictures
• Family Blessing poems
• Graduation Exhortations
• And more!
You may register for this FREE event at:
We are wrapping up our study of 1 & 2 Thessalonians this month. The last couple of days in May will be spent looking at Psalm 1. Then we will launch our summer study of the Pastoral Epistles – 1 & 2 Timothy and Titus. Please join us at www.biblestudy-pjm.blogspot.com for Bible Study Ping-Pong on M-W-F and at www.susiesmusings-ksh.blogspot.com for devotionals on T-Th-Sat.
• Women’s Encounter on May 20th that women will be encouraged and empowered in the Lord to fulfill their God-given purposes
• Volunteers to be trained in transferring Susan into her chair and back into bed
• Van to transport Susan in her power chair
• Donations and sales to finance God’s vision for this ministry
• For Susie to meet goal of getting Web Store on this site operational by end of May
|Posted on February 28, 2017 at 7:20 PM||comments (0)|
We are currently studying Colossians on both our verse by verse Bible study blog at www.biblestudy-pjm.blogspot.com and our devotional blog at www.susiesmusings-ksh.blogspot.com. After Colossians, we will be studying Philemon, the last in our series of Paul's prison epistles. Please join us in the study of God's word.
PRAYER NEED: We really need a power-chair accessible van in order to transport Susan to church, appointments, and to speaking engagements. Please pray for the Lord's provision.
If the Lord leads you to donate to Precious Jewels Ministries, you can do so through PayPal or credit card on the CONTACT/PRAYER/DONATE tab or send a check made out to Precious Jewels Ministries to P.O. Box 1343, Hurst, TX 76053. Thank you.
Thank you, also, for continuing to lift us up in prayer!!!
|Posted on January 13, 2017 at 12:20 AM||comments (0)|
We have recently begun a new Bible study. We are studying the letter to the Ephesians written by the Apostle Paul. In this book of the Bible, we learn about:
• All the benefits we have IN CHRIST
• The immeasurable grace of God that gives us the gift of salvation
• The fact that all believers are united in Jesus – no more division
• How to effectively live out what the Lord has placed in us
• Relationships and the importance of submitting to one another
• Spiritual warfare and the armor of God
Please join us Monday, Wednesday, and Friday of each week at www.biblestudy-pjm.blogspot.com for a verse by verse study (6-10 verses each lesson). On Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday of each week, take a peek at www.susiesmusings-ksh.blogspot.com for devotional thoughts that complement the Bible Study.
We appreciate your support and prayers. Some of our current prayer needs are:
1. That the Lord supply a van for Susan’s travel to speaking engagements, church, etc.
2. A possible change in residence when our lease is up in May
3. Susie is having problems with her left shoulder. Pray for healing as this impedes her ability to work on the computer.
We would love to pray for you as well. Click on the Contact/Prayer/Donate tab in order to send us your specific requests. Susan and Susie will both pray for you.
We will try to be better about posting updates here and will possibly come up with a schedule for doing so. We will let you know!
|Posted on December 5, 2016 at 6:50 PM||comments (0)|
We are happy to share a major PRAISE THE LORD with you! As of Wednesday, November 30, 2016, Precious Jewels Ministries has a bank account!!!
If you wish to support our ministry, you may now make tax deductible donations via PayPal or with credit/debit cards. Click on the Contact/Prayer/Donate tab above. Toward the middle of the top of the page, click on the yellow "Donate" tab. Follow the instructions from there. Please click the box that says "Share my mailing address with Precious Jewels Ministries" to enable us to send you a letter showing your contributions for the year.