Our Recent News
|Posted on July 18, 2017 at 5:40 PM|
We will be mailing out our summer newsletter in the next few days but wanted to post it here because we do not have mailing addresses for all of you! Remember: Prayer requests and/or donations can be made by clicking on the Contact/Prayer/Donate tab on this website. You may donate via PayPal/Credit Card/Debit Card or by sending a check to the P.O. Box listed on that tab.
Dear Prayer Warriors and Supporters:
A pastor friend advised us that we needed to link our support needs with our goals for Precious Jewels Ministries, and the direction we believe the Lord is leading.
First and foremost, we need your prayer support! Secondly, for Precious Jewels Ministries to thrive and move forward with the vision we are confident God has given us, it is necessary that we devote our lives full-time to this ministry. As a result of this commitment, our livelihood will need to be included in the financial requirements of Precious Jewels Ministries. Those of you who know us well know that we live an extremely humble life. We are completely relying on God, disability income, and a small trust that will soon be depleted to meet basic needs. Now, like other full-time ministers, we sense God’s provision through His people. As you pray for the success and welfare of Precious Jewels Ministries we humbly request that you ask God to reveal to you an amount, perhaps $10.00 or more per month, that you would commit to give regularly to support Precious Jewels Ministries. Rest assured that Precious Jewels Ministries will be exceptional stewards of God’s money. Additionally, as a 501(c)3 non-profit corporation, you will be provided with an annual statement of your donations each January for income tax purposes. Additionally, you will be kept informed of the ministries efforts through our newsletter.
To achieve the short and long-term goals reflected at the bottom of this page and grow the ministry, it is essential that we acquire a power chair accessible Van as soon as possible. Our thoughts on making such a significant purchase is to have fundraising events as well as a request for donations specifically designated for this need. Obviously, these funds would be greatly appreciated and kept separate from the operating funds and used only for the purchase of the van. Once we have a van, the fuel and maintenance will be included in the Precious Jewels Ministries budget.
We deeply covet and appreciate your prayers and support. We would love to hear from you and are eager to minister to your needs through pray and encouragement through our testimony, services, and inspirational items we have available to share.
In His love and care,
Susan Slade, President
Susie Hale, Vice President/Secretary
Precious Jewels Ministries
Goals and Needs
Short Term Goals and Needs:
• Publication of "Ten Women of Christmas" by the end of August 2017
- Find publisher – possibly Liberate Publishing
- Publishing costs
• Blog Bible Study and Devotional posts on selected Psalms in summer 2017, the Gospel of Luke in summer/fall 2017, and the Men of Christmas in November/December 2017.
- Pray for our energy level!
- Time to devote to study for these goals and speaking engagements
• Begin speaking engagements for Susan and/or Susie on June 7, 2017
- Transportation – Ivan Staats when possible until we get a van (services are expensive)
- Volunteers to help Susie transfer Susan into and out of chair
• Began marketing frameable poetry, blessings, and scripture online May 2017
• Offer A Life’s Symphony of Joy book online by the middle of July 2017
- Publisher who can offer them directly online so we do not have to store them
- Funds for “on-hand” – first 100 donated
• Schedule more local speaking engagements for Summer 2017
- Van, van, van
Long Term Goals and Needs:
• Have a vendor table at the Bootin' Out Cerebral Palsy 5K in Spring 2018.
- Transportation (Van)
- Banner, Table, and products to offer (Poems, Scripture Pictures, Books, etc)
• Host a networking breakfast for local pastors in the Mid-Cities area by the end of 2018.
- Possible joint effort with Freedom Church
- Elder Pastor to speak and encourage younger ministers & Worship team
• Write and publish a book titled "Literally Pruned" about Susan's amputation adventure by the end of 2018.
- Time to work
- Publishing and advertising expenses
• Be prepared to travel outside the Hurst-Euless-Bedford area by the end of 2018
- Van & travel expenses for driver, travel companion, and us
- Items for Susan’s comfort in a hotel
- Travel companion(s) for Susie and Susan to help with transfers